It is VERY IMPORTANT that you measure your arm before ordering:
Get some help to do this – it’s nearly impossible to measure your own arm accurately – we know, we’ve tried !
Where to Measure:
PICC lines are usually inserted into a vein in the upper arm, so measure the arm with the PICC Line:
- Place your hand on your hip
- With a tape, measure fully around your arm at the widest point – which is typically over the PICC line itself. When measuring over your PICC line, please be very careful not to disturb the dressing or the fixation device.
Take your measurement and choose from the following size guide:
- Up to 24cm (9½”): Extra Small
- 25 to 28cm (10″-11″): Small
- 29 to 32cm (11½”-12½”): Medium
- 33 to 36cm (13″-14″): Large
- 37 to 40cm (14½”-16″): Extra Large
If your measurement is on the boundary of two sizes choose the SMALLER size.
PICC-Me PICC Line covers and sleeves are made of a blend of polyester and elastane (‘Lycra’) and are designed to stretch.
Different fabrics have different levels of stretch and we have designed our sizes around these characteristics.
IMPORTANT: Your PICC-Me sleeve has been carefully designed to be comfortable to wear. It should not be too tight or restrictive. If you are in any doubt about the comfort, fit or application of your sleeve, please ask your doctor, ward or community nurse who can guide you to the best care for your PICC line.